I am participating this week in KellysKorner blog "Show us Your Life- Your typical Day"
I am a stay at home mom with 3 children Noah-5, Madison-4, Morgan-2, and baby #4 due in July.
My day starts at 7:00am. My alarm goes off and I go and wake up my son, so he can go eat breakfast and get ready for school. He is my oldest, just started Kindergarten this year.
My girls are still asleep until about 7:30 and then I wake them up to get them breakfast before we get my son to school. I go out and start our van to warm it up around 7:50. We live in Iowa and still have 8 inches of snow on the ground so it has been a very cold winter. I get everyone in coats, hats, mittens, and boots. Make sure we have our backpack and anything that is supposed to go back to school and out the door we go. Buckle everyone up and drive to school. Get everyone out of the van, walk Noah to his classroom kiss him goodbye and the girls and I head home.
I normally get home and turn on Nick Jr. or Playhouse Disney for the girls and I start cleaning up breakfast. I will also throw a load of laundry in the wash. I typically try and sit down after this and get on my computer and check our bank acct. balances, pay any bills online, check my email, check in on Facebook, and check my Pampered Chef website. I am an independent consultant for Pampered Chef also, so I try and send out emails or make a few phone calls to customers during this time too.
I start lunch around 11. On Monday and Tuesday afternoons, Madison, my 4 year old, has preschool. So we eat around 11:30 and then head to preschool at 12:30. I drop her off, and take my very tired 2 year old home and lay her down for a nap! I have about an hour and a half of free time while she is down. I eat lunch and watch some tv(I love the Hallmark channel and like to watch Little House on the Prairie) while I am eating. Clean up my stuff, throw another load of laundry in(which seems to be never ending at our house), and if I have time probably back to the computer to check email and blogs. Try and get at least 10-15 minutes of reading my Bible in.
By now it is normally about 2:30, I go out and start the van again. Come back inside and wake up my sleeping 2 yr. old because we have to go get sister from school. She is done at 2:45, we get back in the van and head over to pick up Noah from school at 3pm. Get home, give the kids a snack and play until I need to start supper. Start cooking around 5-5:30pm, it is on the table by 6:30pm and my husband is getting home from work at that time. We eat every night as a family. After supper we try and play a game together or just play or watch a movie. At 7:15-7:30 it is time for showers and baths. Noah takes his shower and gets pj's on, girls take a bath and get pj's on. Brush teeth, and then we read 2 books to each child and lights out by 8:30pm.
My hubby and I love to play games and if the house work is done, then we normally sit down, have a bowl of ice cream and play a game together!! A lot of times, we just leave the toys out and the living room a mess to spend some time together! We love to watch Dirty Jobs, Man vs. Wild, Millionaire Matchmaker(not sure why, but we watch it!), and anything on HGTV! We head to bed around 10. Sometimes, one of us will lay with our 4 year old and then we end up falling asleep early!!
That is my typical day! Busy busy, but sometimes, I just leave things undone, so I can have a minute to unwind and relax!!
Friday, March 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













5 comments:
I came over from Kelly's Korner...what a crazy day you have! Loved reading your blog...and congrats on your coming bundle.
Thanks for stopping by!! I do have a crazy day, and it will only get crazier when the new baby comes! Feel free to check back anytime! I just blog for my family! They all live 4 or more hours away so its nice for them to stay connected!
Visiting from Kelly's. You have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing.
Hi, I came over from Kelly's Korner. I have three kiddos too, not sure about having a fourth yet though :) I have to wake up my little one for school pick-ups too, I always feel so bad about that! Have a great weekend!
Angela
Wow, you have your hands full and one on the way that's awesome! They are such blessings and I know we wouldn't trade our hectic lifes for anything! You have a beautiful family! Thanks for sharing your day
Post a Comment