Thursday, July 24, 2008

Shawn Mayer

Well, a few years ago, my friend Jeremy Ten Kley was in Iraq. His wife Christy had a coming home surprise party for him and hired a girl named Shawn Mayer to sing. She started singing and I thought, WOW, she is really good. At the time she was only 18 and a senior at my high school HMS. I had never heard of her, but was blown away at how good she was. Then I kept hearing about different places she had gone and just wasn't getting anywhere with her music career. She would sing at local events in and around my hometown Sanborn, IA, but other than that, nothing big. Until now! She tried out for NBC's Nashville Star and she is one of 4 left! She has been doing amazing the last 2 weeks! Here is a song she performed last week and wrote herself. She also flew home the next night and put a concert on in May City, IA which is her hometown, just 8 miles northeast of Sanborn. The town is 45 people, yes, I said 45. They had her concert on Main Street and NBC taped it. My Dad, Papa J, and Wilma all went and there were about 3000 people there(which is equivalent to all of Sanborn, all of Hartley, and all of Melvin, and May City, which are all the towns included in my high school!) and my dad said she was UNBELIEVABLE! I would have loved to have been there. I am a real music lover, really of all kinds, so having something like this so close to home is really neat!
Make sure you check her out Monday nights at 8pmCST on NBC. 2 more weeks and they announce the winner!

No comments: