Friday, August 27, 2010

1st Grade!


We have started the school year again!! I can't believe I have a 1st grader!! Daddy was able to take yesterday off and go with to take Noah to his first day and be there to pick him up! He had a great day, much better than last year!!

This morning when we got up for school I asked him if he wanted lunch from home or lunch at school and he said lunch at school today. Then he told me that he knows his school really good and he could go in by himself today and didn't need us to walk in with him! On our way to school I told him I would drop him off in the parking lot of the school by the steps and he could go in. He said he wanted to go over the bridge. There is a walking bridge over-top of SW 9th, which is a super busy street in Des Moines, and a crossing guard walks with them across the street to get to the bridge. I told him I thought he didn't want us to go in with him, bc when we go over the bridge we all go together, and he said "I don't, I want to go over the bridge by myself!" I almost cried!! So I hesitantly drove to the parking lot by the bridge. He got out and stood with the other kids waiting to cross the road with the crossing guard. He went across, headed up the bridge, and I being the protective mother that I am, drove across the street and waited in front of the school for him to get there! HA!! He was looking for me too, so when he saw me, he waved goodbye and then went into the school like such a big 1st grader!! He is growing up too fast right before my eyes!!
Going over the bridge with his sisters!


Sorting out his school supplies
Finding his desk

The girls were sad that they didn't get to go over the bridge and walk Noah in, but we will get to when we go pick him up. He said he would meet me in the parking lot, but I'm not ready for that yet, we'll take a little more time getting used to going in by ourselves and then we will work on walking back over the bridge by ourselves after school too to meet us!!

We are really looking forward to tomorrow! We are going to Ledges State Park with our small group! Lower Ledges really was destroyed by the floods and you can hike in down there, but there is a lot of damage! It is still our most favorite place to go and always will be! We are having a potluck with our group and then going to go hiking and have smores when we get back!!

Avery has started smiling too! I still haven't really caught a good one on camera, and morning is her happiest time and she smiles a lot at me after she eats, so hopefully I can try and get a couple pics of her smiling and post them pretty soon!

Have a great weekend!

No comments: