
I went to college at Iowa State in Ames which is about 30 miles north. The campus there is beautiful, it was listed in the top 25 of the most beautiful campuses in the US, and our other favorite spot is Ledges State Park in Boone, IA. You can click on that link and see for yourself.
We live on the south side of town in a modest little house in a decent neighborhood. We are about 1 mile away for Blank Park Zoo and about the same from a great Lake and park called Grey's Lake Park, here is that picture.

Des Moines is known for its HUGE Farmer's Market in the spring and summer and the Iowa State Fair. It is one of the biggest state fairs in the US and about 1 million people visit it every August.
One of the things I love about Des Moines is all of the free wading pools during the summer. There are about 10 wading pools at parks across the city. We have 4 malls to shop at and Walmart and Target are a 5 minute drive from my house so that is where I do most of my shopping! There are also lots of lakes to spend our time at. Saylorville Lake, Big Creek Lake, and Lake Aquabi. Never a dull weekend in the summer, the winter time is a different story, but all of our malls have great indoor play areas for the kids, so we can get out and go there if we feel the need to!! Hope you enjoyed my little tour and I hope you click on the links to see more!













6 comments:
What a fun post!! I love all your picture, so fun! Your blog is precious!! Happy Friday
Hi there! When I saw Des Moines listed I had to come and say "hi." We live in Nebraska but have come to Des Moines almost every summer. I think it's such a friendly city, and so good for kids!
I never knew about the wading pools; that sounds neat! We always go to the Clive City Aquatic Center and Adventureland - we always tell people the workers at Adventureland are all like grandparents! They're so happy to see the kids have fun. =) Thanks for sharing on this tour!
Adventureland is in the process of adding about 5 more huge waterslides to the new waterpark area, so that should be super fun! The best wading pool to go to is at Ashby Park, they have some little fountains and sprayers that come up out of the ground for the kids to play with! If you haven't been to the Science Center yet, your kids will love that too!!
We lived in Ames for 5 years while my husband and I were in graduate school at Iowa State. We visited Des Moines a LOT--especially the zoo, botanical garden and science center. And I loved that about Ames, too--all the great swimming and wading pools.
I saw the link to your blog from Kelly's Korner and had to stop by. I am originally from Centerville and spent a lot of time in Des Monies in the 18 years I lived in Iowa. We had to go to DSM to do anything. I now live in Ohio which reminds me a lot of Iowa.
My boyfriend went to ISU :)
Post a Comment