Friday, February 4, 2011

Show Us Your Life "What Do You Feed Your Kids"

I am doing a blog post today about what I feed my children for Kelly's Korner! I wish I had some pictures but I don't, so this will just be informational! I am a Pampered Chef Consultant so I have gotten a lot of ideas and have a few recipes that are from there.
I also grew up in a restaurant! My parents own and run a family restaurant in NW Iowa in a little town called Sanborn. My grandpa started it in April 15, 1946 when he got back from WWII. They are celebrating 65 years this year! I have a lot of tricks of the trade from growing up in a home with great cooks!

I always try to do variety of meats and vegetables for my kids. If we have beef one night, I try to do chicken or pork the next and just rotate what we have! My kids don't get meals that only they will eat, I make one meal for our family and if they don't like it they know they won't be getting another meal that night. So, they eat it! I've trained them to be like that! They get snacks throughout the day and a bedtime snack if they finish their supper. They have to at least try 3 bites if they say they don't like it!

IF YOU SEE ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE THE RECIPE FOR, JUST LEAVE A COMMENT WITH YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS AND WHAT RECIPE AND I WOULD BE HAPPY TO EMAIL IT TO YOU!

Here are a few things we do for breakfast at our house:
NOTE: I make my pancakes and waffles from scratch not a mix from a box.
Cereal
Scrambled Eggs
Pioneer Woman Cinnamon Rolls(YUM TO DIE FOR IF YOU HAVE NEVER MADE THEM AND THEY ARE EASY AND THE RECIPE IS ON HER BLOG!!)
Instant Oatmeal
Bananas
Oranges
On a special occasion doughnuts from Casey's Convenience Store or Hy-Vee
Egg Bake
Pancakes
Waffles

Here are a few things we have for lunches at our house: NOTE: I only buy split top wheat or whole wheat bread and buns.

*Grilled Cheese with green beans and applesauce
*Tuna Noodle(make a box of macaroni and cheese just like you normally would then add a can of drained tuna and a can of cream of mushroom soup, and frozen peas. Cook until warmed through and serve!
*Turkey Hotdogs, corn, and apple slices
*Ham or Turkey Sandwiches with grapes
*Peanut Butter and Jelly and oranges
*Pigs in a blanket(crescent rolls with a half slice of chs. and a hot-dog rolled up into it and bake as can says)
*Yogurt
*A lot of times leftovers from the night before for lunch

I make lots of casseroles and pasta for supper/dinner time at our house, but here are some of the things I cook:
NOTE: I put chopped/diced onion in almost everything I make!
If they don't like something they can pick it out or choose to leave it in their bowl. Ex. I make Goulash with onion and green peppers chopped into it and my 5 yr old doesn't like the green peppers, so she will eat everything else and leave the peppers(this was only after she has tried it multiple times over the past 5 years and still doesn't like it!)

*Spaghetti with Chicken Apple Smoked sausage from Sam's Club cut up into the sauce
*Green Bean Chicken Casserole(wild rice, onion, green pepper,green beans, onion soup mix, and cheese)
*Enchiladas
*Mexican Chicken Chowder
*Bubble Pizza
*Baked Spaghetti
*Homemade pizza
*Meatloaf with mashed potatoes
*Pork Roast with carrots and potatoes
*BBQ Chicken and potatoes
*Chicken Casserole(with miracle whip and California veggies)
*BBQ Pork Chops with Mr Dells Hash-brown Casserole
*Lasagna
*Goulash
*Cavatelli
*Wild Rice Soup
Pioneer Woman Beef Stew with Beer and Paprika(YUM!)
*Beef Stroganoff
*Tator Tot Casserole
*Mexican Chicken Lasagna from Pampered Chef

Thats all I can think of right now! I hope you get some ideas of things to make your families!

3 comments:

ABC said...

I would love the recipe for the chicken casserole with miracle whip and California veggies, sounds delish!

ancampbell57@yahoo.com

Beth said...

I just wanted to say "hi." I also have four kiddos. Psalm 37:4 is our family verse.

The Pelhams said...

OH COOL BETH. THANKS FOR STOPPING AND SHARING THAT, I CAN ACTUALLY SAY THAT THAT VERSE IS TRUE TO WHAT IT SAYS!!