Sunday, May 10, 2009

Ledges State Park hike and picnic



We decided to celebrate Mother's Day yesterday. We headed to Ledges State Park up in Boone for the afternoon/evening! We had a picnic lunch and then took the kids on a hike. This was really our first family hike. The last time we went which was last year in the early fall/late summer, it was right after the big floods and lower ledges was closed off and just completely mud packed. I am not joking when I say we stood and walked on 4-5 feet of packed mud/dirt after the flooding!

It was a beautiful day! We couldn't have chosen a better one. Mid 60's light breeze and sunny! We had a GREAT time! The kids had a blast and our hike took us from down at the bottom of lower ledges to the very top up by the main road to get down into lower ledges. Noah led the way and that boy has so much energy! He was practically running up the stairs while me and Andy are huffing and puffing trying to keep up! He was definitely in his element!





We made our way back down and headed back to the van. We brought some of the burger's from my parent's restaurant and fired up one of the grills they have there. We had a great meal and then packed up and headed into Boone. We stopped to see some friends the Van Roekel's and had Dairy Queen with them and let the kids play and again got home at 10:30pm!!








We are just taking it easy today after church and going to go out for supper tonight as part of my day, so I don't have to cook! Andy was chosen as Employee of the Month for April and received at $50 gift card to Texas Roadhouse which is one of my favorite places to eat in Des Moines!! I am looking forward to it! We hope all you Mother's have a wonderful day today too!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

When I said she, I was meaning Rylee has to wait yet to "really" love on the baby. And, no, we did not find out. You know us...we like suprizes!! Love the Ledges picts...Justin and I would spend Sunday's after football games there. Great place with Great memories!!