Monday, November 15, 2010

Morgan's owie!

Here's my happy 4 month old!!!



Morgan and Madison both seem to be the ones who always get hurt! Madison was the first to get stitches. 3 in her chin when she was 1 1/2! Then she slit under her eye brow open this summer while tightrope walking her bed! Couldn't stitch it but there is a nice scar. Now Morgan!!

She was running into the kitchen, I had the portable dishwasher door open and she must have tripped or lost her footing somehow and fell right into the dishwasher and gashed her forehead open! We ended up in the ER bc it was a Saturday night at 6:15pm and urgent care was closed! $150 copay later we ended up not needing stitches, they were able to use that glue! So, the glue is still on, it will fall off on its own. But, the hard part was we couldn't get it wet for 5 days and it was 1/2 an inch below her hairline on her forehead! So we gave her a bath on Sunday night with no water in the tub. Andy just had her lay on the bottom of the tub with the water running so it kept her warm! She did great! She laid still and didn't get any water on it!
Here is a picture from the other day, since I remembered I hadn't taken one yet! Hopefully that glue will be off by next week!


Then on Thursday night she woke up in the middle of the night saying her tummy hurt. She was up half the night and finally in the morning I got her to show me where it hurt. Where she goes potty! So, with potty training being pretty much over and her being self sufficient, I figured, she probably has a urinary tract infection. Ended up taking her to dr. on Friday, bc I didn't want to go all weekend with her in pain. We got the results and found it was a bladder infection! Which starts out as urinary tract and then moves its way to the bladder! AND SHE HAD STREP!! WHAT!!?? She didn't have any signs. No cough, runny nose, no fever, and no loss of appetite. Madison seems to get strep every year and we always know bc she all of a sudden doesn't eat much and normally doesn't run a fever! So we were very surprised that Morgan had strep! So, we are all on the mend now! The kids are getting excited bc it might possibly snow on Wednesday! They can hardly wait!! I love the changing seasons!! I couldn't imagine living somewhere and not having my 4 seasons!!

No comments: